Automatic Feature Recognition Overview
SOLIDWORKS provides powerful tools to automatically convert non-SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD models into “intelligent” SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD. This enables parametric editing of the design model and/or creation of new designs based on old designs. Functionality includes:
- Automatic Feature Recognition and Conversion
- Interactive Feature Recognition and Conversion
- Conversion of sheet metal features—hem and edge flange
- Conversion of solid features—holes, boss, fillet/round, chamfer, cut-revolve, boss-revolve, boss-extrude, cut-extrude
- Combining and converting similar features into groups and patterns—holes, fillets, chamfers, etc.