Automatically create your bill of materials (BOM) and cut lists with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software, simplifying and accelerating your design process, saving time, and increasing productivity.
Bill of Materials (BOM) Overview
SOLIDWORKS creates a bill of materials (BOM) and cut lists for downstream purchasing and manufacturing operations. The BOM is always up to date, so you never have to worry about manually updating it.
SOLIDWORKS BOM capabilities and features include:
- Automatic bill of materials (BOM) creation that updates automatically whenever design changes occur
- Automatic balloon noting of exploded views on drawings that update automatically whenever design changes occur
- Multiple BOM templates to customize the BOM to present needed information
- Standard, top-level, or indented BOMs
Plus, the ability to:
- Automatically update BOM and cut lists when the model changes
- Display BOM information on your 2D drawing or directly in your 3D assembly model
- Output BOM information as a Microsoft® Excel® file or a format ready for import into MRP/ERP systems
- Manage BOM data directly in SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM to track and maintain all data