Due to our continued growth we have an excellent opportunity for the right person to join our technical software sales organization to assist with business development.
As a Business Development Manager, the primary responsibility is to develop new client relationships in the educational market while growing existing relationships at current clients. You will sell the benefits of SOLIDWORKS software. Sales activities include prospecting, qualification of opportunities, demonstrations, executive-level presentations and the creation of effective proposals. You will work daily with personnel from DASI Solutions, and SOLIDWORKS toward achieving assigned sales quotas and other monthly key performance measurements.
JOB TITLE: Academic Research Business Development Manager
LOCATIONS: Michigan / Indiana, Missouri / Kansas or Arizona / California
- Bring leading edge technology solutions to the educational market in a rapidly evolving market.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual unit and revenue goals.
- Develop prospects through event based activities, marketing campaigns, lead follow up, cold-calling, and networking.
- Manage the sales activities of the assigned territory and provide detailed monthly forecasts.
- Maintain accurate electronic records utilizing our CRM system.
- Expand your own job knowledge & skill set through ongoing training.
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 3 or more years of direct B2B or educational sales experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of building a pipeline of opportunities through cold-calling, networking, and prospecting related activities.
- Solutions based approach to solving customer requirements
- Comfort selling at collegiate levels.
- An attitude/personality others describe as self-motivated, driven, or competitive.
- Ability to navigate gate-keepers, utilize skills to overcome objections, and keep the sales process moving forward.
- Formalized / Accredited sales training a strong plus.
DASI Solutions is a Value Added Reseller of SOLIDWORKS solutions and third party software products covering the states of Michigan, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona & parts of California. Our customers are typically anyone who develops a product – from a one-off tool or piece of machinery to a mass produced consumer product. We have a great company atmosphere where there are many opportunities for individual, career and professional growth. We believe in continuous improvement through employee training and coaching programs.
COMPENSATION: Base + bonus/commission commensurate with experience