Accelerate your design process, save time and development costs, and increase productivity by quickly optimizing designs for cost, function, and environmental impact while you design with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software.
Design Optimization Overview
SOLIDWORKS enables you to immediately evaluate your product design based on cost, function, and environmental impact while you design. You can quickly identify concerns and evaluate alternatives to achieve design optimization. SOLIDWORKS enables you to:
- Change material choices—Assess overall product cost impact with SOLIDWORKS Costing, test new materials using design analysis , and perform an environmental assessment using SOLIDWORKS Sustainability
- Change the manufacturing processes for a part (for example, milling vs. water jet cutting) and see the cost and environmental impacts
- Reduce weight while optimizing performance, and then check the cost and environmental impacts
- Simulate environmental impacts of your design using SOLIDWORKS Sustainability
- Perform all refinements and simulation in SOLIDWORKS