SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software gives designers simple ways to quickly create and adjust 3D model geometry using direct model editing. Simply click on the model geometry and move it, speeding up design, saving time and development costs, and increasing productivity.
Direct Model Editing Overview
Easy-to-use direct model editing enables designers to quickly make changes to their 3D model:
- Direct Edit Toolbar enables you to copy, move, split, replace, offset, push, and drag geometry to create the result you want.
- Patterns instantly create SOLIDWORKS features, faces, and solid bodies with a simple click made directly on the geometry to be patterned.
- Direct Edit capabilities automatically convert non-native, imported model geometry into intelligent SOLIDWORKS features that can be modified parametrically or through direct geometry manipulation.
- Instant3D capabilities let you drag geometry and dimension manipulators to create and modify features.
- Live Section capabilities can be used to dynamically section models with any plane and then drag the section outline to make a change in the 3D model. Click on the model and then you can move, copy, and rotate surfaces and solid bodies to modify geometry.