Visit DASIFirst.com for a full website of information!
Here at DASI, we are passionate about building up the workforce of tomorrow by actively engaging with today’s education community. We frequently offer career days, facility tours and presentations to students in our communities.
We also know that employers want to hire designers who can think creatively, collaborate easily, solve problems fast and respond to changes quickly. What better way to enhance those skills than through student competitions? By competing in design contests, students can not only sharpen their skills, but also prepare for the highly competitive workplace they will encounter in the future.
DASI and SOLIDWORKS are here to help student teams with an array of resources, including curriculum, parts and design tools, including SOLIDWORKS mechanical and electrical software. Interested? Please fill out the SOLIDWORKS Online Sponsorship Application.
View the links below for information about design competitions around the world:
- AAIA Student Design/Build/Fly Competition
- ASABE American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- ASME Student Mechanism Design Competition (Graduate and Undergraduate Divisions).
- AUSVI Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International. AUVSI Foundation’s primary objective is to develop programs that attract and equip students for careers in the robotics and unmanned systems community.
- BEST Boosting Science, Engineering, and Technology Middle-School and High-School Robotics Competition.
- BOTSIQ Battle Bots IQ Competition
- FIRST For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology. SOLIDWORKS will sponsor any FIRST Robotics Regional Competition team – click here to apply.
- Formula SAE/Formula Student collegiate automotive competitions.
- MATE Marine Advanced Technology Education ROV Competition.
- RoboCup An international joint project to promote AI, robotics, and related fields.
- RoboGames The world’s largest open robot competition, with more than 70 events.
- Shell Eco-Marathon An educational project that integrates sustainable development values with driving as far as possible, while using the least amount of energy.
- SkillsUSA Championships The showcase for the best career and technical students in the nation. Contests begin locally and continue through the state and national levels.
- SolarSplash The World Championship of Intercollegiate Solar Boating.
- VEX Robotics A great, affordable way to become involved with competition robotics.