Dassault Systèmes Simplifies 3D Design with SolidWorks 2013
Latest Release of Leading 3D Design Solution Enables Faster Model Creation, Optimized Performance, Enhanced Collaboration
VELIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France — September 10, 2012 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3D Experience Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today introduced SolidWorks® 2013 with new and improved design applications to enhance collaboration, speed model creation and simplify the product development process. With more than 200 customer-driven improvements including powerful design tools and new drawing capabilities, sub-model simulation, cost estimation, network rendering, and wider sharing and increased connectivity, Dassault Systèmes is demonstrating its commitment to helping its SolidWorks customers create the right value for their own users.
Powered by Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform, SolidWorks 2013 combines ease of use with broad customization allowing new users to learn fast, and experienced users to quickly become more productive at previously complex and sophisticated tasks. Building on the success of the last 20 releases, the new offering covers the range of SolidWorks applications for 3D design, simulation, technical communication, product data management and sustainable design.
“SolidWorks allows me to get my job done faster than any other CAD package on the market, said Robert Conley, owner of Interactive Cad Solutions. “In my line of work, I have to get jobs done quickly to make a profit, and SolidWorks allows me to do that. I’m really looking forward to the Previous Release Interoperability feature in SolidWorks 2013 to allow me to better share designs with my customers and more quickly get to a final product.”
“With SolidWorks 2013 we’ve upheld our tradition of listening to our customers by providing enhancements and functionality to help them simplify their lives and create the best products. The new additions to core geometry and expanded product offerings demonstrate our continuing investment in our flagship product,” said Bertrand Sicot, CEO, SolidWorks, Dassault Systèmes. “SolidWorks 2013 empowers innovative design with application specific tools that help users quickly define, share and validate the form, fit and function of their designs. We look forward to watching our customers make their ideas a reality at a more rapid pace.”
SolidWorks 2013 highlights include:
SolidWorks 2013 makes it easier to bring engineers’ ideas from concept to manufacturing with new tools for more efficient simulation, and expanded environmental and cost analysis. In addition to the following enhancements, the recently announced SolidWorks Plastics and SolidWorks Electrical packages help users make more informed decisions that result in simplified designs, reduced mistakes and faster time to market.
- SolidWorks Costing – Allows customers to automatically cost more types of parts, create more accurate quotations and stay in budget with improved cost data and new APIs.
- SolidWorks Sustainability – Quickly compares the financial impact of raw materials and the environmental impact of a design decision during the development process due to new raw material impact tools.
- SolidWorks Flow Simulation – Takes the complexity out of flow designs by allowing users to visualize fluid flow around multifaceted geometries and more easily compare analysis results between multiple design configurations.
Additional new offerings help users create and modify complex geometries faster and easier, providing more efficient 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Conics in Sketcher – Full control over shapes for smooth transitions between existing geometries.
- Intersect Feature – Quickly add or remove geometry without sketching.
- Varying Dimension Patterns – Allows users to save time creating patterns, increase design flexibility and reduce the number of features needed for models.
- Section View Assist – Speed the creation of production drawings for faster and more consistent section views.
The following new tools allow users to optimize the performance of a SolidWorks installation and maximize design team productivity.
- CAD Administrator Dashboard – Simplify management and troubleshooting of multiple SolidWorks users within a company from a single aggregated view.
- Simulation Sub-Modeling and Incremental Meshing – More accurately perform precise simulation analysis for specific areas of large and complex models faster and more efficiently.
- Network Rendering for PhotoView 360 – Save time with faster rendering of photorealistic images by networking multiple computers to share the computational load.
To address the dispersed nature of most design teams, SolidWorks 2013 optimizes collaboration with improved connectivity, enhanced viewing capabilities and expanded sharing of designs and data.
- Previous Release Interoperability – Collaborate with customers, suppliers and internal teams with the ability to open SolidWorks 2013 files directly with SolidWorks 2012 (SP5). Users can work more efficiently and improve collaboration and file exchange, reducing delays and easing the transition to the latest release.
- SolidWorks Enterprise Product Data Management Workflow – Route documents and contact users more efficiently to reduce delays and accelerate time-to-market.
- DraftSight/SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Integration – Access DWG files within SolidWorks EPDM from the DraftSight user interface, and leverage 2D into the design process.
- eDrawings — Users can measure, select and markup designs from anywhere using a mobile device
Availability and Pricing
For more information about SolidWorks 2013, including video demonstrations, visit:http://www.solidworks.com/launch. SolidWorks 2013 is available worldwide through SolidWorks authorized resellers. Contact DASI Soltuions for pricing.
Share the News
If you are interested in attending a live seminar on SolidWorks 2013, visit: http://www.solidworks.com/launch/find-a-seminar.htm
Use the following tweets to share this news via Twitter:
- @SolidWorks 2013 is now available! Attend a local reseller event to learn more: www.solidworks.com/launch
- Want to simplify your product development process? Check out the latest enhancements of @SolidWorks 2013! www.solidworks.com/launch
- Turn your design ideas into reality. Check out @SolidWorks 2013! www.solidworks.com/launch
Powered by the Dassault Systèmes 3DExperience Platform, SolidWorks 3D applications help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. SolidWorks delivers an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment. For the latest news, information, or an online demonstration, visit our Web site (www.3ds.com/solidworks) or call 1-800-693-9000 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-693-9000 (outside of North America, call +1-781-810-5011).
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, SIMULIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, NETVIBES, 3DSWYM and 3DVIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
SolidWorks is a registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation in the US and other countries. 3DVIA is a registered trademark and 3DVIA Composer is a trademark of Dassault Systèmes in the US and other countries. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2012 Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.